How to make sausage rolls with puff pastry from scratch
In this video I show you how to make how to make sausage rolls with puff pastry from scratch. Sausage rolls taste great and are quick and simple to make.
You do not have to cook the meat before putting it in the puff pastry.
- Puff pastry : To make puff pastry you can follow the steps in a video tutorial I made called how to make puff pastry from scratch step by step
- You will also need sausage meat
- beaten egg with a bit of milk in it or milk only for brushing
- Make the puff pastry according to the video tutorial how to make puff pastry from scratch step by step
- When your puff pastry is ready, preheat your oven to 200 Celsius
- Put some greaseproof paper on a baking tray
- Roll the puff pastry thinly and cut some pieces off to roll the meat into
- Remove the skin from the sausages and place the sausage meat on the puff pastry on the long side. You do not need to cook the sausage meat first.
- Roll the sausage tightly into the puff pastry and seal the edge
- Cut some pieces off and arrange them on the baking tray with the seam side down. You do not have to cut the sausage rolls if you want to make big ones.
- You can decorate the top with a fork by just pricking it lightly and then brush the top with the egg or milk
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and let them cool before serving