How to make dark chocolate ganache
In this video I will be showing you how to make dark chocolate ganache.. You can use this ganache instead of buttercream to cover cakes. Dark chocolate ganache can also be used to fill cakes and it is not as sweet as buttercream icing.
Dark chocolate ganache is a great alternative to buttercream icing which tends to be very sweet. It is also great to use in summer because it does not melt as much as buttercream icing which makes it a fantastic base for fondant covered cakes in the heat.
Dark chocolate ganache can be used to cover cakes, fill cakes, make dark chocolate ganache truffles and other desserts that require dark chocolate ganache.
The dark chocolate ganache ratio is basically 1.1 but it will depend on what you need it for.
- 300 grams dark chocolate
- 300 milk double cream
- Break your chocolate into small pieces and put it into a bowl
- Heat you double cream until it starts to boil.
- Pour the hot double cream into the chocolate and press your chocolate down to make sure it is covered
- Leave it for a few minutes and then stir with a wooden spoon until it is nice and smooth
- Leave the dark chocolate to set before you use it to crumb coat and cover your cake
- In the next tutorial I will be showing you how to ganache a cake with this recipe.
- You can use any remaining ganache to make ganache truffles which are simple to make and taste delicious.