How to decorate a cake with icing
This is a simple video showing how to decorate a cake with icing. I already baked my three cakes so I am just showing how to decorate, not to bake. Cake decorating ideas with chocolate are delicious and can be as simple or as complex as you want them to be.
You will need the following :
- Two or three already baked cakes
- Icing of your choice, I used some cream cheese frosting. You may need to multiply the amount of icing you make depending on the amount of icing you pipe.
- A piping bag fitted with a round nozzle or any other nozzle you want.
- Some dark chocolate
- A grater to grate the chocolate on top of the cake.
- Bake your cakes and let them cool completely.
- While the cakes are cooling, make some icing or frosting.
- When the cakes are completely cold, level the tops, if they need levelling.
- Put one cake on a cake plate and pipe some icing on top. Start around the edges of the cake until you get to the middle.
- Put the next layer on top and repeat the piping process.
- Finally add the last cake layer on top and then pipe the remaining icing on top.
- Grate some chocolate on top or add some sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!