How to bake vanilla French Madeleines
In this video I am going to show you how to bake vanilla French Madeleines. A Madeleine is a traditional small cake from north east France. They are shaped like scallops. I always thought that they looked really pretty but it was not until I saw the tray in a shop that I decided to buy it and try them out.
Ingredients (Makes 24)
The tray I bought can bake 12 in one go, because they are so small and delicious they do not last long so I quickly went to buy another Madeleine tray so that I do not have to wash the tray and then bake some more when baking for a larger number of people.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Butter and flour 2 Madeleine trays.
- Mix all the ingredients into a bowl until smooth
- Divide the mixture between the trays
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Serve and Enjoy!
You can also make Lemon Poppy Seed Madeleines as an alternative