Homemade jammie dodgers
In this recipe I will show you how to make homemade jammie dodgers. Jammie dodgers are a very popular British biscuits which is made from shortbread sandwiched with jam. This is my take of the British biscuit, they are easy to make and they taste amazing.
You can make and shape these biscuits a few day in advance if you like and just bake them on the day you need them so that can save you some time if you are having guests over.
Ingredients (Makes about 23 sandwiched biscuits)
- 150 grams softened butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams plain flour
- a few tablespoons of jam
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the vanilla extract and mix
- Add the egg and mix
- Add the flour and salt and mix well into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your dough then cut out circles for the bottom and tops with a biscuit cutter
- Then use a smaller cutter to cut out a window for the biscuits which will be on top so that you can see the jam through
- Gather up all remaining dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a biscuit tray and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely
- When they cool down sandwich them with the jam and enjoy
You can also try baking these lemon shortbread biscuits