Funfetti cookies or sprinkle cookies are fun and simple to make. The colourful sprinkles make them look very appealing at a kids party or anyone else who loves a lot of colour. They look pretty and taste great and above all very simple to make.
These cookies can be made in advance, and stored in the fridge, in order to free some time the next day, if having them for a party. At least it is one thing to cross off your list.
- 150 grams softened butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams plain flour
- funfetti sprinkles
- Make one batch of this easy biscuit recipe
- Divide the dough into two and roll each half of the dough into a log.
- Put some sprinkles on a work surface and roll the logs onto the sprinkles.
- Wrap the biscuits and put them in the fridge to firm up
- When they are firm, remove from the fridge and cut into pieces and put on a prepared baking tray.
- Put the tray back in the fridge for a few more minutes until firm.
- About minutes before they are ready, preheat your oven to 180 Celsius
- Bake them in the oven from about 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave them on the tray for about 5 minutes before putting them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!