Easy Madeira loaf cake recipe
Madeira cake was one of the recipe challenges on the Great British Bake Off Series 6. It was lovely to see all different variations of the madeira cake. In this video I show you how to bake an Easy Madeira loaf cake recipe Madeira cakes are also known as pound cakes and are quite straightforward and simple to make.
This Madeira loaf cake recipe is quick and simple to make so it is a nice recipe to have on hand for when you want something quick.
I have another 6 inch madeira cake recipe here Feel free to try out both madeira cake recipes and let me know which one you prefer.
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs or 3 large ones
- 200g self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin with butter and flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and mix.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition.
- Add the flour and salt and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, depending on your oven. Check if the madeira cake is ready first with a toothpick or cake tester.