In this video tutorial I share with you this easy black forest cake recipe. I will also show you how to assemble the cakes. I already baked the cakes and made the chantilly cream and I give you the links to those so that you can get them ready.
You will need the following.
For the syrup
- 680 grams jar of pitted sour Cherries or Morello Cherries in syrup
- 4 tablespoons syrup from the jar of cherries
- 50 grams caster sugar
- Assemble the cake by getting one of the cakes and put it on a serving plate
- Brush the cake with some of the cherry syrup.
- Spread some of the chantilly cream on top and then place some cherries evenly over the cream.
- Repeat the process for the second layer and then the last layer should be cake.
- Ice the top and sides, you can now put some of the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a large nozzle and pipe on top of cake.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake for several hours, or overnight before serving.
- Decorate with fresh cherries and grated chocolate.(optional)