Coconut biscuit recipe with marshmallow frosting
In this video tutorial I am going to share with you this delicious coconut biscuit recipe with marshmallow frosting and sprinkled with dessicated coconut.
They are quick and simple to make and taste amazing.
- 150 grams softened butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams plain flour
- Optional : a few drops of Foodie Flavours Coconut. You can buy it via this link (https://amzn.to/2wUITtl)
- 150 grams marshmallows
- 90 grams unsalted butter
- 95 grams icing sugar
- some dessicated coconut (to sprinkle on top)
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the vanilla extract and the few drops of Foodie Flavours coconut and mix
- Add the egg and mix
- Add the flour and salt and mix well into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your dough then cut out your shapes with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up all remaining dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a baking tray with some baking paper or silicone baking mat (https://amzn.to/2IyK6Ys) (affiliate))and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes. Check on them so that they do not brown too quickly
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely
While the biscuits are cooling make the marshmallow frosting
- Put the marshmallows and butter in a bowl and melt them in the microwave. Do it in bursts of about 5 seconds at a time.
- If you do not have a microwave put the bowl of marshmallow and butter over a pot of boiling water and stir until melted. The bowl must not touch the bottom of the pot.
- Mix the butter and melted marshmallow together
- Add in the icing sugar and mix until smooth
- When they cool down you can now decorate them with the marshmallow frosting
- Spread the marshmallow on top of the biscuits and then sprinkle some dessicated coconut on top
- Leave to set and serve
Some other biscuits to try
Iced Ring Biscuits