Coconut and chocolate chip biscotti
Biscotti was one of the Great British Bake Off Series 6 Recipes
I have baked biscotti before but I had not baked it in a long time, I hope you enjoy this coconut and chocolate chip biscotti recipe.
- 200g caster sugar
- 110g butter, softened
- a few drops of almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 440g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in the almond extract and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a log about 25cm long. Place them on an unprepared baking tray and flatten them until they are about 7.5cm wide.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Cool on baking tray for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs into wide slices. Place slices cut side down onto the baking tray.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, until crisp and light brown.
Serve and enjoy this marvellous coconut and chocolate chip biscotti!