Carrot and banana cakes are firm favourites in our house. Sometimes I cannot decide which one to bake and other times I have requests to bake both cakes. This combination seems to have actually won over the individual carrot or banana cakes. Banana recipes are quite moist because of the mashed bananas.
I have had a few inspirations to come up with this and this always goes down as a treat. In this recipe I will show you how to make a carrot and banana cake in a bundt pan.
- 280 grams self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100grams light muscovado sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 175grams grated carrots
- 175 ml vegetable oil (I use rapeseed oil)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 50 grams walnuts or pecans chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Grease and flour a 9 inch (23cm) bundt tin generously, with butter
- Place all the wet ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Add the sugar and stir
- Finally add all the dry ingredients and the nuts, if using and mix well
- Put mixture into the bundt tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Test with a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the middle and if it comes out clean it is done.
- Let it cool in the cake tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
If you do not have a bundt cake tin you can use a 23cm/9inch round spring form cake tin (bake for 1 hour 5minutes or until well risen and golden brown)or a tray bake tin (for 30-35mins or until well risen and golden brown) and cut the cake into squares to serve.
Always test you cakes with a cake tester or toothpick in the middle, if it comes out clean it’s ready.
Dust with some icing sugar
Cream cheese icing
200 grams cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 grams icing sugar
Cream cheese Icing Method
Mix everything in a bowl and beat until smooth and spread over the cooled cake.