Bubblegum flavour marshmallow recipe
I recently came across foodie flavours. They are the best flavours I have come across. I have been playing around with them and one of the recipes I came up with is this absolutely amazing bubblegum flavour marshmallow recipe.
- 140 ml glucose syrup
- 60 ml golden syrup
- 300 g caster sugar
- 180 ml cold water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets gelatine
- 90 ml cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a few drops of bubblegum foodie flavour
- 1/2 cup cornflour and 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Make up the coating by mixing the cornflour and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Put some of the cornflour and icing sugar mixture into a 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch square cake tin so that the marshmallow does not stick.
- Put the gelatine, 90 ml water and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large bowl and put to one side.
- Put the caster sugar, glucose syrup, 180ml cold water and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a pot and stir. Put on the stove and bring to the boil until it reaches the soft ball stage on a sugar thermometer. That is about 115 Celsius
- Working very quickly pour the hot syrup into the gelatine. Don’t let the syrup touch the side of the bowl because it will instantly harden. Whisk until it is white and shiny.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread with a knife. Let it set for at least 6 hours.
- Put some sprinkles onto the marshmallow and press gently with your hands to make the sprinkles stick. Add some more of the corn flour mixture
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife cut the marshmallow into bite size and coat the pieces in the icing sugar mixture so that they do not stick together. Coat your knife in the icing sugar mixture when cutting the marshmallow because if you do not do that they stick to the knife.