Black forest cupcakes
In this video tutorial I show you how to bake these delicious and moist black forest cupcakes, they are like a black forest gateaux in cupcake form.
- 100g caster sugar
- 110g light muscovado sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder or granules (if using granules dissolve them in the water)
- 120 ml warm water
- 60ml cup vegetable oil
- 120ml sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla paste or seeds from a vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius
- Prepare a 12 hole cupcake tray by putting cupcake cases in it.
- Put all your wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Divide the cupcake batter between the 12 cupcake cases (You might make a bit more depending how much you fill the cases but try to fill about half way to two-thirds of the way)
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is ready
- Remove the moist chocolate cupcakes from the oven and leave them in the tray for about 10 minutes and then remove from the cooling rack to cool completely.
You can watch a video on how to decorate the cupcakes which I made : How to fill cupcakes
When the cupcakes have completely cooled down you can decorate them. I decorated mine by coring out the middle, filling with cream and then decorating them on top. Grated some dark chocolate on top and finally the cherry on top.