Banana bread recipe with oil
When baking banana cakes the best bananas to use are the very ripe ones with as many black spots as possible. These very ripe bananas are sometimes thrown away but they are at their sweetest, they are also perfectly fine to eat. When I cannot find the really ripe bananas in the shops, which can be quite difficult where I live, I buy a few and just leave them alone to ripen enough to bake with. This banana bread recipe with oil is quite simple to make and very tasty.
It takes a while to bake but you can just put it in the oven while you get on with other things. If you do not like spices in your cake you can just leave them out.
- 225 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- a pinch of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 2 mashed bananas
- Butter and flour your loaf tin, a 900g loaf tin roughly 17cm x 9cm x 9cm.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 Celsius
- Put all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until well mixed. You can measure all your ingredients into one bowl to save on washing up. (Just remember to set your scale to zero after each ingredients is added.)
- Pour your mixture into the prepared loaf tin and level the top. Bake for 40-50 minutes. You can check after 40 minutes to see if it’s ready. Put a cake tester in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Leave the cake in the tin for about 5 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy!