Baked Mini Doughnuts
Until I came across a recipe for baked doughnuts I would avoid making doughnuts at all costs because I do not like to deal with hot oil. I do not have a deep fat fryer so it just makes hot oil way more dangerous plus the added dilemma of what to do with the used oil. I do not like to reuse oil.
I finally bought a mini doughnut tray about two months ago and I put it away, with my many baking pans, and I forgot about it. It was not until I found my tray that I decided to make use of it and make some baked mini doughnuts for the local gymnastics team and these were the results.
These baked mini doughnuts are quick and easy to make and decorate.
This recipe makes 24 mini doughnuts.
- 1 1/4 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius
- Butter and flour 2 mini doughnut trays
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well until smooth
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and cut a small hole at the end of the piping bag, no need for a nozzle, pipe into the doughnut trays
- Bake in the pre- heated oven for 4-6 minutes
- Remove from the trays and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack
Make some water icing and dip the cooled doughnuts into it and sprinkle on some sprinkles