Almond Pound Cake Recipe
Pound cakes are traditionally called pound cakes because they use a pound each of butter, sugar, flour and eggs. Over time the ingredients of pound cakes have changed and a lot can be done with the basic recipe. A lot can be added, for example, fruit, ground nuts.
In this recipe I will share an almond pound cake recipe.
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 175 grams soft unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 200 grams self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 75 grams ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- Grease and line, with baking paper, a 20cm round deep cake tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well until smooth after each addition, before adding the 4th egg add 25 grams of the flour and then add the egg and mix
- Add the rest of the flour and ground almonds and mix until smooth
- Put the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, test with a toothpick to see if it’s ready after 50 minutes. If it comes out clean it is ready
- Leave in the cake tin for 5 minutes before turning it onto the cooling rack and peeling off the baking pater to cool completely.
- Dust with some icing sugar and serve.